Children experience the best outcomes when quality pre-kindergarten experiences are preceded by and combined with quality programs that start at birth including the nationally recognized evidence-based learning curriculum, Parents as Teachers.
The Parenting Cottage is an afflilate site of Parents as Teachers (PAT) National, one of more than (80) PAT affiliate sites in the State of Texas. On the national and international level, the Parents as Teachers evidence based educational model has been replicated at approximately 3,000 accredited sites in the United States and in seven foreign countries.
PAT has received numerous recognitions and citations including:
- Approval as a home visitation model meeting the evidence based criteria of the Federal HRSA Maternal, Infant, Early Childhood Home Visitation Program (MIECHV)
- National recognition as a Model Program by Strengthening America’s Families
- Included on the Proven and Promising Practices website
- Noted as a Promising Program by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Models
- Approval as an evidence based curriculum and program model by the State of Texas Dept. of Family & Protective Services
Individual PAT program sites are accredited on an annual basis through an Affiliate Performance Program evaluation which measures performance in major program component areas and assures fidelity to the program model. The core components of PAT parent-child interactions, developmental centered parenting and family well-being helps to bring a focus on the critical importance of the early years of a child’s life and their effect on optimal development providing the foundation for success in school and in life.