The Parenting Cottage works to facilitate partnerships to answer unmet needs in the community and to prevent duplication of services.
- The Parenting Cottage collaborates with the Lubbock Area United Way on multiple issues around child well being including child abuse and neglect as well as early learning and early literacy.
- Collaborates with many of the other United Way agencies to provide additional services to families.
- Collaborates with Texas Tech Health Science Center by providing prenatal education classes associated with The Nest .
- Working with the South Plains Coalition for Prevention of Child Abuse to provide opportunities for advocacy and educational efforts on child abuse and neglect.
- The agency also works with libraries in Lubbock, Wolfforth and Shallowater to provide early literacy activities for young children.
- The agency also serves on the advisory committee for many community efforts including Nurse Family Partnership, Junior League of Lubbock and South Plains Association of Governments Law Enforcement Committee.
In late 2015, the Parenting Cottage began a more integrated collaborative partnership with the Lubbock Children’s Health Clinic, another United Way Agency by establishing a Parent Resource Center within the new clinic at 13th Street and Martin Luther King Boulevard . The Parent Resource Center will serve as a neighborhood hub for the delivery of services into the neighborhood, as well as providing support and resources for families living within the neighborhood. Each month the Parent Resource Center hosts a Storytime event for children and parents.