Child Safety Seat Checkup – Saturday, September 25 2021 – 10 AM – 12:00 PM – YWCA – 6501 University Avenue. Sponsered by The Parenting Cottage, UMC Children’s, Safe Kids, TX Dept. of State Health Services and TXDOT.
EXPECTING A BABY? Prenatal Classes – 4 classes with limited class sizes-registration is required prior to attending.
- September Sessions begin on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 @ 12:00 PM at the Parenting Cottage.
- October Sessions begin on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 @ 12:00 PM at the Parenting Cottage
ACTIVITY HOUR – Join us on our Facebook page as we provide fun activities for you to do with your child.
- Friday, September 10, 2021 @ 10:00 AM – “Fun in Space” with the book “Moon Landing” by Jill McDonald
- Friday, October 8, 2021 @ 10:00 AM – “Play with Clay”
PARENTING TOOLKIT–Weekly evening parent education classes. Class size is limited and registration is required before attending.
- New Session Begins on Monday, September 13, 2021 – 4 weekly classes from 5:30-7:30 PM at the Parenting Cottage.
- New Session Begins on Monday, October 4, 2021 – 4 weekly classes from 5:30-7:30 PM at the Parenting Cottage
CAR SEAT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM- Classes are held twice monthly – Parents must have their child’s height and weight when registering for the classes. See more info under the tab Community Services-Car Seat Assistance.
- September 7, 2021 – 12:00 PM and 5:30 PM
- October 5, 2021 – 12:00 PM and 5:30 PM
HOME VISITATION (one on one parent and early childhood education) IS ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS.
- CHECK THE HOME VISITATION OR PARENTS AS TEACHERS PROGRAM TAB ON THIS WEBSITE FOR INFORMATION ON HOW HOME VISITS MIGHT BENEFIT YOUR FAMILY.
- Monthly community Storytime events are being held in partnership with the City of Lubbock libraries including Mahon, Godeke, Groves & Patterson Branches. Masks are no longer required at City of Lubbock facilities.
- City of Slaton Library was recently added to the schedule and is in-person.
- Storytime events continue with Wolfforth Library which are now also in person.
Watch our website (Calendar Page), Facebook page & Instagram page for updates.
THERE IS NO COSTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF THE SERVICES OFFERED BY THE PARENTING COTTAGE.